Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week 13: Busting Through the Plateau

This past week has been awesome. I weighted in on Tuesday and finally felt amazing because I had lost two pounds. I felt on top of the world and that was mainly because not only did I lose two pounds, but I also broke through the plateau that has been plaguing me for the past six weeks. I am officially done with plateau city and ready to move on.

What worked: I would have to say that not sitting on my butt anymore was the biggest contributing factor to my weight loss. It was the first week that I worked out three times in almost two months. Then this week, I worked out five more times. I think that I'm on a roll and ready to lose more weight.This was also the first week that I went well over my goal of 40 activity points per week. I think having a new workout partner definitely helps, especially since we are at the gym together about four days a week.

What else worked: New running shoes. What more could a girl recommitted to exercising need, but a new pair of workout shoes. They are light, comfortable, and black, white and grey with purple accents. They are great to put on and run around in and even better when at the gym on the treadmill or working out doing lots of stairs and squats with my lovely personal trainer.

What worked the most: My cousin, who is about six or seven years younger than I am, announced that she is pregnant and expecting in June. I am so very thrilled for her and her wonderful husband of almost two years and think that it is a great thing for them. On the flip side though, since I am the oldest great-grandchild, I wanted to be first, but alas my medical problems have stopped or halted that from happening anytime soon. This encouraged me to get the weight off quicker so that a bundle of joy of my own will happen sooner rather than later.

I weigh-in in two days and for the first time in a long time, I'm actually excited about it.

Total Lost: 17 pounds
Mini Goal: 8 pounds between end of September and Thanksgiving - down 2 pounds so far

No comments:

Post a Comment